Record Corrections

Record Corrections

Each Service has a Board established by their respective Secretaries. The Army has the Army Board for Correction of Military Records, the Navy and Marines have the Board for Correction of Naval Records, the Air Force has the Air Force Board for Correction of Military Records, and the Coast Guard has the Board for Corrections of Military Records of the Coast Guard.  These Boards can make virtually any correction to a Military Record.  Common applications include the following issues: requesting medical separation to be changed to medical retirement, requesting relief of a military debt (recoupment challenge), requesting a rank increase in retirement, challenging a reduction in rank, requesting an award or decoration (i.e. purple heart), requesting a change of a Re-entry code, requesting money owed to the Veteran while in service, etc.  These are just examples and these Boards can grant a wide variety of relief for Veterans.

Scroll down for more information on the record correction process or click the button below to schedule a free consultation with us, experienced Record Correction Lawyers, for a more detailed explanation.

Why Representation Matters

At all of these Boards, the burden of proof is on the Veteran to show that an error or injustice occurred. Furthermore, everything that is in the Veteran's record is presumed correct.  Convincing these Boards to grant relief is challenging. A Veteran's record correction request must be written well and appropriately address the primary issues.

Furthermore, legal analysis from a Military Lawyer is often required to explain to the Board that an error or injustice has occurred.

The military publishes  review board decisions, available at this link. Because of the burden of proof, the majority of applications are denied.  The low percentage of relief granted makes legal representation even more important to maximize a Veteran's chances.

Scroll down to contact us, experienced Record Correction Lawyers, to learn more

Get Your Free Consultation

If you hire us you will immediately have an experienced, intelligent, and hard-working advocate to help you with your record correction request.


The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. The information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.